The World Press Institute fosters understanding among international journalists about the role and responsibilities of a free press in a democracy and promotes excellence in journalism.
Through its fellowship program, WPI brings 10 international journalists to the United States each year to experience the complexities of U.S. life through the prism of a reporter working under First Amendment conditions. The fellowship provides immersion into the governance, politics, business, media, journalistic ethics and culture of the U.S. through a demanding schedule of study, travel and interviews throughout the country.
50th Anniversary Celebration
WPI's 50th Anniversary Celebration will be held June 12 to 14, 2014. Alumni and their families and host families and friends are invited to meet in St. Paul to see old friends, share stories and celebrate journalism.
Thursday, June 12
• The weekend kicks off with a Welcome Reception at the University of St. Thomas
Friday, June 13
• Hear from Fellows and internationally and nationally renowned journalists at WPI panel discussions and seminars
• Attend a panel discussion and reception at Macalester College
• Participate in the WPI History Project and share your stories and memories
Saturday, June 14
• Join in the final Gala Celebration dinner at the University of St. Thomas
World Press Institute Reports
2013 WPI fellows blog about their experiences in the U.S.
Read World Press Institute REPORTS
Subscribe to the World Press Institute REPORTS news feed.